Thursday, May 20, 2010

Life Is Purna-Full

It was so wonder-Full to be at last Sunday’s Rock Your Chit Practice with Laura and company. The theme was Purna, which was just perfect for me, as that is how I would describe my life right now. I’ve been Full of love, happiness, joy, and peace, for the last few months, I wonder if I might be arrested for excessive bliss! I’ve also been so full of thoughts, that it just seems like it is time to share again.

As I’d shared on an earlier blog, the last four years (actually more like ten, but the last four in particular) were very difficult for me. And, what made them so difficult, besides some of the circumstances, was that I was so isolated. It was a situation that I created for myself, and yet, the circumstances lent themselves to “suffering alone”. Unfortunately, it was a lonely and very sad place to be, until I finally found friends who were going through similar experiences. Misery really doesn’t love company, but misery needs friends and support. I am so grate-Full to these beauty-Full beings for holding my hand when I really needed something to hold on to.

Last fall, my life shifted. And, one of the catalysts was Laura. The first workshop I took with her, the theme was Shakti. It was about building Shakti within, but more importantly, how do we use the Shakti, what do we do with this incredible energy within? The answer: Share.

So, that’s what I’ve been doing. I am sharing and opening myself to the possibilities. My world, that had been so small (my own doing) has become so BIG, so infinite, so LIGHT. I am creating space instead of burying myself. I’ve now been through Part 1 and Part 2 of the Anusara Immersions with John. Everything about Shiva Shakti Tantra resonates through the core of my being. Yes, the light is so bright after being in the dark for so long. I have awakened and it feels so good.

I have been wondering how long this may last? Every morning I think, am I still happy? And the answer is a resounding “YES”. It is simply amazing, considering I felt I was living a nightmare for so long. Sometimes I have concerns that by being more open I am making myself vulnerable, as sharing may not be received in the same manner it is being offered. My intent is good. My life is good. It isn’t perfect. It is Purna.

2 comments:

Kimberly Achelis Hoggan aka Sita LivDeep said...

I really enoyed this pose. I think it is so easy to get so consentrated on the "I", that is one thing I love so much about Anusara is it also focuses on the Kulas. I loved when you said "I am sharing and opening myself to the possibilities." You said you took immersion 1 and 2 with JOhn. How wonderful I have taken immersion 1 and am just finishing immersion 2 (with Adam ballanger) and am hoping to take #3 with john.

thanks for sharing, looking forward to reading more

Kim
authenticselfyoga.com

Jami G said...

HI Kim:
I think I read a post of yours a few weeks ago on the Anusara website, and Loved IT! Nice to connect with you this way. I hope to see you at Part 3 in Park City as I'm definitely going!!!! Love and Light!!! Jami