Sunday, February 21, 2010

Shiva Shakti Tantra: Sutra Takes Form (Finally!)

Last week was one of the most amazing weeks of my life. Immersing with John Friend and all of my Anusara friends was fulfilling beyond what I could have imagined. I felt so loved, so energized, so shaktified. Every moment was so joy-full, so shri-full, so FULL. Learning more about the roots of Anusara through Shiva (Divine Nature) Shakti (Divine Creative Energy of Transformation) Tantra (Weaving together all aspects of life) has deepened the meaning of this beautiful practice both on and off the mat. The timing of John's Immersion couldn't have been more perfect, just like the timing of meeting Laura and connecting with the LC Posse. I love this ride, I love this journey, I love this life!

I've been pondering what pose best represents my sutra: With Courage towards Expansion while Hugging the Midline. I've been vacillating and even procrastinating about making a decision. John had many messages last week and one of them was urgent....DO IT NOW!!! The time is now, you need to act now. Why are we waiting??? We don't know what the future holds, but we do know what we have now and what we want now.

So, here it is. My pose: Adho Mukha Vrksasana. In the middle of the room.

Phew. I said it. I wrote it. I am afraid, but I so want to do this. I have a strong handstand. I could stay at the wall for minutes at a time. I can go to the wall, and move away from the wall and balance (much of the time). Being in the middle of the room brings the "f" word (FEAR) into my being. But, I know I need to do this. Will I fall? Yes. Will I survive. YES! Will I be able to stand on my hands in the middle of the room? Yes and No. But, it isn't about the pose, but what I will receive from my efforts. Courage (Shiva/Auspiciousness), Expansion (Shakti/Dancing), Hugging the Midline (Tantra: Embracing Dark/Light, Feminine/Masculine, Happy/Sad, Yes/No, Hit it/Missed it!).

Thank you to John, to Laura, to the LC Posse and the Anusara Kula which continues to grow and support me on this path. It's So Wonderful!!!


1 comment:

Ariane said...

This is so GREAT, Jami! Hurray, I'm so glad about the bold commitment you're making and look forward to helping you get there.
Last week was so amazing, so inspiring, so life-changing. I sometimes can't believe my good fortune to be surrounded with so much auspiciousness, so much love and support and friendship.
Truly, SO wonderful!
XOXOXOXOX
Ariane