Sunday, January 3, 2010

Coming Home

Although I've been working on my sutra for quite a while, it wasn't until New Year’s Day morning, just before the advanced practice with Laura, that I had settled in on it. I had given it the working title, The Expansion Project, the project of course being ME. I knew it needed to be refined, and I knew I wanted to expand out of the place of fear I’d been residing in for the last few years.

The last decade was a rough one for me, especially the last five years. I lost both my parents and was fearful of losing my youngest daughter. I suffered two huge injuries: a neck injury three years ago which has left me with nerve damage and pain on my left side, and, a broken left wrist, which I have thankfully recovered from fully. Through all of these "losses" I lost sight of my Self. Although yoga has been a part of my life since I was a young girl, and I've been instructing for years, I thought it was time for me to pursue a different path.

This past summer while in Idaho, I spent quite a bit of time reading, practicing yoga and contemplation. I came to the realization that I was mis-interpreting the “messages”. Rather than pursuing a different path, I was to keep following this path, the Path of Yoga, of Spiritual Realization, this is my Sadhana, my Dharma. I needed to come Home.

Upon returning to California, I met Laura in St. Helena at a retreat. Although I had known of her, I had not met her. She was/is a revelation. I decided to go to her Careyes retreat, barely a month later. While there, my Sadhana became clearer and my heart filled and flowing with love.

Although the last decade was rough, that cycle ended and the new one has begun with hope, light and expanding love. Practicing on new year's day was amazing! Beside me was Laura, across from me Ariane (my birthday sistah!) and surrounded by new friends, who were helping me to hug the midline (mudya)!!! After class, my husband and I spent the afternoon with friends of my parents who I have known for 44 years! It was the perfect way to begin the New Year: New Friends, Old Friends. Expansion. I further refined my sutra:

With Courage to Expansion While Hugging the Mudya

With Love and Gratitude to Laura, the LC POSSE and all my friends.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Love you Jami Girl! Love your sutra too. You are a divine inspiration! And guess what? Abe and I got married on your and Ariananda's birthday! How auspicious!!